Townsend 2 taiwan

Monday, April 18, 2011

Week 4 Taiwan

Hello!
Things are going great! Just loving life! So last prep day we went out baxiandong and sanxiantai. Unreal. I didn't like baxiandong because they destroyed these ancient caves were they found artifacts and put in little miaos. (Temple type thing) It was so weird you could feel the spirit leave from those places and it was yeah- just weird. But the hike was awesome! We decided afterward to go to this island, sanxiantai. Wow... It had this wickedly awesome bridge that went out to an island. We could have explored the island for days! It was awesome! It had lava rock and creatures. Saw the weirdest bug/creature thing ever. It is something I've only dreamt of yet its real... That was great!            
Tuesday we went to hualian for zone conference. It was really good! I had an interview with President. He is so great. One of the many things I admire about him is his ability to make us feel comfortable. He has such a happy and optimistic personality. We talked about how we can apply the doctrine of Christ to our lives, becoming sanctified, and finding! It was good and I think the worst part of it was getting mail at the end. The reason I say this is that we can only open mail on Mondays during prep day. Well, zone conference was on Tuesday, so no biggy, just wait a week to read. Thanks for the letters!
Thursday the branch mission leader invited us to his restaurant to eat. It was awesome. We had hot pot. Ha. He was loving it because I was so clumsy and he just watched me the whole time. I think his favorite part was that I was starting to sweat a little. I'm sorry I am wai guo ren who hasn't adjusted to the humidity! Ha all good he laughed and helped me along with eating. We talked about the baptism service this Saturday. SO..
This Saturday was Lin Chao Wei's baptism! It was great! Huo dixiong baptized him. He was funny he was scared he was too big to go into the water and huo dixiong would drop him. Ha we just tried not to laugh at the man man lai (slowly come)
This spiritual message is about fasting. So last fast Sunday we fasted for one of our investigators hermie that he might be baptized. Well his parents didn't let him right then be baptized but this Sunday his mom said he could be baptized! Fasting does work and I am so grateful for it! It’s such a privilege and blessing to fast.
Lots of Love,
Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment