Townsend 2 taiwan

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hello


Well I guess the first thing I want to say is that I am glad everyone is alive in some way or form this week. The Lord extends different forms of mercy. I don't know how things are wrapped up into everyday plans and in His Scheme. However I do the Lord will take care of everything. I trust Him. I know following Him and keeping HIs commandments bring safety.
Well let me share about how the Lord listens to every prayer, even if we have dumb little requests.
Monday 6/4
6.00 PM. Realize that once again that our house keys are once again locked in our house. (our door locks by itself.)
7. 40 PM. Decided better go and try to get our door figured out so we don't get locked out for the night.
7.50 PM. Go to Church to get a hanger to see if can open the door from the outside. However we also realize the church is lock. We decided to go try the church's back door real quick. It was locked, but not closed all the way so we were able to get a hanger!
8.00 start working at the Door. No success. Inside the door is a little lever that we can grab, but everytime we try we can't see to get.
8.25 Elder Montalto suggests we pray. Says a beautiful prayer.
8.28-9ish The door is open and the lock is caught in the most magnificant way and how it held is amazing!
8.30 Gratitude prayer and thanking our Heavenly Father for listening to our dumb plead as we did not want to go get the locksmith and He answered.
So moral of the story. Always be grateful, humble oneself and ask for help and go do it.
This week I went on exchanges with Elder Hall. He is great, serving over in Tian mu. It was a lot of fun. We did a lot of teaching and some finding which are some of my two most favorite things in the WORLD. I love being able to bounce from person hearing stories, bearing testimony, sharing scriptures, and inviting them to study the Gospel. Teaching is greatest to have the spirit bear testimony as you apply the doctrine to their needs. Probably the Highlight of this exchange is that we sat down with a 30 year old texas baptist preacher. It was fun and interesting. My love for that man is great. The greatest thing I learned was in the last three minutes. Elder Hall need to find the nearest bathroom prompto and He just said I know the things we are talking about all depend upon whether Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know is he is a called prophet of God. At that time the spirit hit and it was overbearing to me a least and I continued to feel it as I added my testimony and my testimony to the Book of Mormon. As I was waiting in the Subway I asked Heavenly father if it was true and I received that quiet reassurance it was. Doesn't matter where we are we can always pray and receive answers.
This week we found some amazing people again. One is sam She. Poor kid. He is Taiwanese. His chinese is ok and his english is alright. He was in Burnea or something like that for 11 years of his life attending an asian school. However it didn't help his chinese and his english wasn't as great. I am not sure what his language is now. I had to read out of the Book of Mormon for him. I know Lord loves him and he has a great desire to follow Christ and I know the Lord will help him out.
Finally last week we meet chen yi zhang. This man is practically Golden. He is eating up the Gospel as fast as we can give it to him. He said as he as ask God if Joseph Smith was a prophet and his experience is true, he said he had the most unique feeling come upon him. It was really touching, moving, almost like a feeling of sadness, but it wasn't sad, he said it was really good feeling. I testified that was God answering his prayer and when he came to church is Gospel principle class the talked about the spirit. He was really surprised and liked it a lot. I told him that was god answering him by the holy spirit. He was excited and he is excited to learn more.
Well I love all of you. Thank you for all your examples.
Loves,
Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment