Townsend 2 taiwan

Monday, February 7, 2011

Week 5!

Ni hao!
This week was a bit crazy with all the new zone leader job. By the way, what a zone leader is my companion and I are in way in charge of all the chinese elders in our branch which is a a section of elders and sisters. To start off with we had an elder disappear. Luckily we found him. He forget to tell his companion where he was going and got baCK late. Who would have thought it would be hard to lose a 200+ Somoan? Then other little things came up but it was no biggie. This week I was surprised at how much chinese I actually know! I can have a simple, I say simple, conversation. The district is going well, I can't remember anything crazy deng zhang lao has done. Oh wait, he heard that oranges gave nightmares so he went looking for one. Well he came back with a grapefruit and proceeded to peel it like an orange. He doesn't remember the dream he had but he started screaming in chinese german and something else at 3 am. He doesn't remember a thing. My companion and I had a great lesson in the trc again. The spirit was strong and powerful. We also have an awesome mission president here at the mtc. President Brown is the coolest man ever. He is fun and loving and is good to all of us. He will come and talk with the missionaries during lunch but the problem is that those missionaries tend to end up bearing their testimonies when he speaks... Luckily I haven't talked to him.
Spiritual thought.
In America there was a boy who was confused about religion. He wanted to know how he could save his soul. He studied the scriptures to find out. He came across a scripture that hit him hard. It said if any of you lack wisdom let him ask God who giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not. James 1.5. He took that advice. He went to a grove of trees near his home and prayed. Now I reaccount his experience. "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, the light descended gradually until it fell upon me. When the light rested upon me I saw two personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me calling me by name and said pointing to the other. 'this is my beloved son, hear him'".
Do you believe This boy, Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ?
Why?
I testify that this boy did see God and Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith DID receive an answer to his prayer. God loves all his children and WILL NEVER LEAVE THEM ALONE. This boy followed them and restored the Christ's church once again upon the Earth. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
 
Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment