Townsend 2 taiwan

Monday, March 21, 2011

Down to the last 12 hours.....

Wow!
Time flies when you are learning Chinese and the gospel! This mtc experience has been great. Spiritual, trying, and a great learning experience. It really taught me how to love and I am so excited that I get the opportunity to go and teach and love the people of Taiwan! I am a bit scared out of my mind, but I know the Lord will provide. He will take every step with me. I am putting my whole heart into that belief and going to try and be like one of the Stripling Warriors and doubt not.
Well this week I did something that will surprise all you. I sang in the MTC choir. Yes, I actually participated in it. Weird and awe striking but it did happen.
Also this week we had the opportunity to meet with the MTC Presidency. It was really cool. They are amazing men and they truly valued our input and ideas on we can be better zone leaders and improve the MTC experience for new missionaries.
Went to my final doctor appointment and the toe almost looks too good except for the fact that a slice of my toenail is missing.
I am grateful for the amazing teachers I had here in the MTC. They are my heroes. They have really helped me develop and become the best possible missionary I can become here and how to continue out in the field. I will really miss them.
Spiritual thought. Comes from Mosiah 26.3 it says. . And now because of their unbelief they could not understand the word of God, and their hearts were hardened." I was thinking about this and we can really flip this around. Because of our belief we can understand the word of God. When we ask God, our hearts will be softened. When our hearts are softened, we can come to knowledge that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer of the World. That he does not give commandment that would not benefit us.

Talk to you next in Taiwan.
Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment