Townsend 2 taiwan

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hello da jia!

Hello!
How is everyone out on the other side of the world? I don't know how people are like over there. I met a New Yorker (he was awesome and he is really a New Yorker from Queens) and was reminded that its a bit different over there. Everyone's a bit more conservative over here. They might be a bit more special in some other areas, but I love the Taiwanese brothers and sisters!
Lots happened this last week. Quick review of pictures, some of them are from danshui. It was beautiful and the ice cream wasn't too bad, really cheap and fun. The other is peng qi wen's baptism service. She didn't know a lot of the members so the sisters asked that I might perform the baptism. I was very grateful and humbled. She is a very unique person. Next week we general conference. (They first have to clean up all the translations)
This week I went on exchanges with Elder Peterson. He is the champion. Harvard Student and one of my homies on the mission. We had some of the greatest times together. We just spent the time finding and doing more finding. We met lots of people and had many great experiences. The first one I want to talk about it is when we met Mr. Guo. I saw him on the street and started talking to him. He had some paralysis on his left side and come to find out it was due to an accident 10 years before. For some reason I felt like talking to him about his family. Find out he has a son, but he hasn't seen him in 10 years and doesn't want too. More than that he hates his whole entire family. He hates Taiwan in general. He tells me how his father is addicted gambler and how ten years ago when he got in a car wreck and was living in the hospital, his father and mother sold his (Mr. Guo) house, his car, all of his possessions and used to go gamble. IT was was pretty heart aching to hear this. What also hurt was when he said he used to be christian but in his most trialing time and till this day that Lord has never answered, heard or helped him. He felt abandoned. So now he believes his only friend is money, its a object and won't attack him and hurt him like family. Elder Peterson and I were hurting pretty bad inside and we both open up to the same scripture in 2 Ne 2.2. We told him we cared and trying to fight back tears at the same time. I am praying when we goes to meet the missionaries in his area that they can express the love that he needs so desparately. 
On a lighter not that same day we ran into a russian woman and we were trying to share the gospel with her. I think due to a little language barrier and the noisiness of the street I was telling her we all have weaknesses in life and make mistakes (And was going to say how the savior can help us overcome them and improve, repent and find happiness) when she interupted me and said that I didn't have any weaknesses. I was a little caught off and she followed that by saying that I looked pretty good to her! So I learned right there why I wasn't sent to Russia. 
The Lord really has provided so many miracles this last week and I unfortunately am out of time, but last I just want to say the Lord remembers all his children and he sents us out to find every single one of them despite where they are. 
ELder TOwnsend 






No comments:

Post a Comment