Townsend 2 taiwan

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Good Morning! Sept. 9, 2012


Its another beautiful hot sticky day here on the East Coast. I am your Elder Townsend representing it here in Ji An.
 
Well this week was good. Wasn't out of the world, make me drop down and cry out of joy or a catastrophic week were all of it went to the dogs. It was good and I enjoyed serving the Lord. The good is helping establish my testimony on the basics rather than seeing giant miracles. Its helping me face the challenges we come across. Now let me tell you why it was good..
 
Food
So lately we tried out this food called rou yuan (I don't know the english for it) Its mean inside a something similar to a steamed roll in a sauce. Its pretty good and I have enjoyed it. I love all food.
 
The fellow Comrades (AKA other missionaries)
We started this week off with a training that Elder Alston and I put on. It was fun and focused on the principles of missionary work. How help investigators understand how to receive revelation.
After we went on exchanges with the south taidong elders and I went with the old son of mine... Elder Slawson. It was fun. It was really similar to being with him back in Xinzhu. It was funny because when we taught together we already knew what the other would say. It was enjoyable.
Next went on exchanges with Elder Wright. He is fantastic. I was kinder to him about being australian(well part of one at least). We visited some members and it was fun to see them talk about their involvement with missionary work. One of the was Brother Wan. He is the coolest man in the world. He taught how to make a sesame sauce for noodles and afterwards called one of his clients to invite them to study the gospel (he is a hairstylist and his wife went to san fran to major in fine arts). We also helped bro lu pull giant boards of wood from the first floor to the third floor. We had a rope pulley system attach to the window with me on the 3rd floor pulling it in, Elder Wright on the 2nd floor roof guiding it and pushing it up and Bro lu outside hooking the boards up to the rope. My hands were dead but it was great. Nothing like great service for the people of taiwan. So now if anyone needs any weird moving jobs, I am the man to find. (Along with my Ozzie brotha)
 
People
We taught the Li brothers again. they are hilarious. The youngest reminds of Connor and Cooper together. So I have a pretty good idea how to work with him. He'll sit there and we will ask a question and he'll say "oh I know that its... (pause, fidget, make some grunting thinking noise, take a deep breath) Its the.... (again pause, fidget, make some grunting thinking noise, take a deep breath) " Finally we share it and it works out. They also will sit in church and just beat each other up... Hmmm... Sounds really familar to something Connor and I used to do... I really do think that Heavenly father gives us similar people to us to teach because he needs them to help us recognize our own weaknesses. These kids are really smart as well. They understand what we teach them.
Also this week we found this pretty cool family. Elder Alston and I made a goal to contact at least 6 houses around the Less Actives were going to find. Well one of them turned out to be someone who was interested and let us in. He is the Airforce (Thankful for Elder Alston's observant eye notice that the clothes he was wearing were an unit in the airforce) and he is curious about jesus and the bible. So thankfully we can help him understand those two and so much more.
This week it happened again a member introduced us to a friend. She was so excited. So excited to the point that she couldn't stop talking. Her enthusiasm was contagious. When I first got her this member didn't have much of a testimony. Thankfully because of her 9 year old boy that we helped baptize, she has been good about coming to church. Over this time she has been able to build up her testimony till its brimming over the top and she wants to share it with everyone. The friend she introduced us to is looking for truth. He was almost baptized once and in his prayer, he was told no and that he still needed to look. Hopefully we can prepare ourselves to help him find that truth he is desperately looking for.
Well my time is up and I love all you!
Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment